Kitt shares a vital message.
Read Mark C. Russell’s November 9th editorial published in The Seattle Times entitled, On this Veterans Day, where is the outrage over mental-health crisis?
Russell concludes with this call to action:
Honor our veterans this holiday by demanding the president and congressional representatives to urgently do the following:
- Conduct independent investigations into the cause of the military mental-health-care crisis.
- Establish a unified “Behavioral Health Corps” within the Department of Defense.
- End hiring restrictions of licensed marriage/family therapists, mental-health counselors and clinical psychologists to address chronic staffing shortages.
- Establish a “Joint Services Behavioral Health Lessons Learned Center.”
- Compel the VA/military to ensure every veteran has access to all evidence-based therapies per the VA/DoD PTSD guidelines.
Mark C. Russell
Nearly 1 in 4 active duty members showed signs of a mental health condition, according to a 2014 study in JAMA Psychiatry. On…
View original post 124 more words